CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Camping


So I am finally writing about our camping trip. We went this last weekend up to Granite Flats with Camie and Nino. It was a lot of fun. I love camping. We had a great spot to camp, except it was hard to get the trailer in there, but well worth it. We had lots of trees around us to block the sun until about noon. We love going to the mountains. It is one of our favorite places to be. We took little walks around our camp, ate delicious dutch oven food, and amazing camp fire eclairs. Oh just the thought kind of makes me drool. In fact we are having them again on Monday in my parents back yard. Yummy!


Here are some pictures from out trip.



The Boy
Dave's hot dog fell in the ashes
The moutains

Camie found a Christmas tree! Nino was very excited!

Dave and I on our little hike

Camie trying to get a picture of the pot gut

Dave enjoying his camp fire eclair

Me enjoying my camp fire eclair, it got every where! Totally worth it

Cosmo trying to keep wam while he sleeps.

Camie and Nino and the Cos!

3 comments:

Brandon and Krystyn said...

i've never heard of campfire eclairs, but I already know I want to try one so give me the recipe pleaswe!!!! i already know i will like it!

Dave and Hollie said...

They are really easy. You a can of cresent rolls, vanilla pudding, and chocolate frosting. Than you will need a round one inch wood pole you can buy at home depot. Put tin foil around the end of the pole and spray paint it with pam or spread oil on it. Put one cresent roll on the tin foil. make sure all the ends meet, no holes. Than cook it over coals from the fire. When it is cooked pull it off put pudding inside and chocolate frosting on the outside. And enjoy!! They are so freaking good!!

Brandon and Krystyn said...

OH MY GOSH!! I can't wait to try one!! Thanks hollie!